Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Unwanted House Guests

Today is my birthday! 

I've never had any problems stating my age. Not sure if that's something women struggle with only at a certain point, but 2 days ago a cashier asked for my ID for a bottle of rum, so, with that being the ultimate compliment, I gladly announced I'm about to be 28!

I'm 28, engaged, mom of 3 cats and a lemon tree. That last one might be a purchase I regret. If the internet is right, it's going to be a giant pain in the ass to take care of it. But it looked so cute at the store! Can you blame me?

It's been over a year since my last post. Since the world has kind of stopped functioning, I didn't really feel like writing. Nothing happens, we don't go anywhere, don't see anyone, I've kind of been living in a bubble with Brian and the cats. (Who are pretty much attached to me at all times now)

[even as I'm writing this post]

But today I'm feeling great. It's my birthday, the summer is coming, birds are chirping, even though they shouldn't be at 5am... 
 
My life is pretty good, compared to everything else going on in the world. Or at least it was, until I found an unwanted party of guests in my apartment this morning. And this time it wasn't 3 strange men, who just casually entered my house, like last time. This time it's worse. This time... it's ANTS! And not just a couple of ants. A whole COLONY! 
Brian's at work and I don't know what to do. The internet has 100 different solutions, but how do I know which ones actually work? Do I kill them? Do I make friends, infiltrate the army and lead them elsewhere? Do I give them a hot beverage because I'm a good host? Do I just set the house on fire? SEND HELP! Or good advice, I'll accept both.
 
 
Stay safe and healthy
-B-



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! But ants are not a good birthday present. In other places I've lived, I had ants try to move into my house. I've never had a whole colony, so I don't know what to do about that. The ants I found always tried to enter the house on a windowsill near my kitchen. I would vacuum them up and then clean the windowsill with furniture polish. I guess they didn't like the polish because they always waited at least a year before trying to return and then, eventually, they gave up. I hope you can get rid of your visitors. They aren't good guests.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by today. Somehow I missed this post and your Birthday. Bad Patti. Hope you had a grand one. Your age and mine are reversed. Oh to be 28 again. As for the ants, I use ant baits. There are many to choose from and think the one I used was Terro but it was awesome. Worked on the little black ants and it does solve your wanting to serve them a beverage for they are liquid:) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ants can be different story altogether. Better to find the source and get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! I have a post set to go for tomorrow- my very own, I'm done with the pandemic and happy to be alive and social. So, yay us!!

    For ants, I always use Terro. It's not expensive and kills them at the nest because they share the poison with their queen. When I was first married, we had ants so bad we had to seal all of the food in the dishwasher and fridge. If it was on a shelf, they chewed through the boxes and bags. Nothing in a box or bag was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    There is no making friends with ants but I don't like to all out kill them. I put cinnamon and bay leaves around the ground where they get in. They seem to go elsewhere.....for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Unwanted House Guests

Today is my birthday!  I've never had any problems stating my age. Not sure if that's something women struggle with only at a certai...