Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year, Old Me?

Greetings, people from far away lands! It is I, the weird raccoon-loving, positivity-leaking Latvian ray of sunshine!

I know it has been far too long since my last post. But for the first time in history I have actually been busy - [hold for a dramatic effect] - living my life! *gasp* (I hope at least one of you theatrically fainted somewhere in the distance).

But yes, it finally happened. I got a life.

A year ago I decided to stop being an anti-social hermit, pack my entire life in 1 suitcase and move to Germany. For someone who's been very comfortable living in the shadows her whole life, this was a giant step for me.

And here I am, a year later, living with the love of my life, three adopted kittens and a dream of moving to America! Oh, AND, a brand new slushy machine! So, cheers to a New Year!


Left to right: 
Amy (Ames, A-moosh),
Cooper (Coop, Coopowski, Coopman),
Reginald (Reggie, Ragout, Rigatoni)

Now, I know what you're all thinking - but Baiba, what about your love for dogs? Don't worry. Brian (he's real, I swear) promised me a house in the future for my 5 dogs. And possibly an alpaca? That topic is still to be discussed...

So that's what I've been doing for the past year - becoming the ultimate housewife, who's darn proud of her garden, three fluffy babies and a patient, wonderful man, who has the strength to keep up with her shenanigans, sarcasm and the never-ending supply of Christmas lights.

You might be wondering (you're probably not, but I'm gonna tell you anyways) why have I returned and what are my plans. Well...

This isn't going to be one of those - new year, new me - things. I don't want a completely new me and I don't plan on changing my entire personality or making promises and undertaking some New Year's resolutions, which I will most likely ditch within a week or two. I am already on a great path of self-discovery, growth and improvement since last year, so I just need to keep going in the right direction. However, there is one thing that has been on my mind for a long time now, and I feel like this could be The Year. It's my unconditional love for writing. I love writing. I love reading. I love reading what I and others have written. I love expressing myself in words, and I actually think I'm quite good at it. I love the English language and I think I can express myself in it the best. It's one of the reasons I became a translator. I love sharing my stories and positivity with others, and maybe even inspire someone out there. That's why my dream has always been to become a writer. I just never knew what to write about, in what form and how. I always doubted myself, thinking no one will care or enjoy my writing anyways, I'm not good enough or funny, or smart, it's just a waste of time. But, NO MORE! I am making it happen this year. Whether it's through frequent blog posts, articles or even my own book on how to tame a wild raccoon - mark my words, people, I will write this year!

Now all that's left is to shoo Cooper off my laptop, make a fresh batch of delicious flavored ice, crack my knuckles (figure of speech, as I hate the sound of cracking knuckles) and get to work!
But first I have to go check all your blogs and see what you've all been up to!
I hope you had a wonderful year!

But for now, take care!
-B-

6 comments:

  1. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪January 5, 2020 at 5:19 PM

    Baiba, you're a gorgeous little darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. Think you have made a wise move to blog more. It is a great way to reach out, spill you thoughts, and is great practice if you want to tackle serious writing. I liked your story about the found money in your comment. I'd have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's my pleasure to return the favor.

    First off, let me say, without a doubt, you should definitely join the IWSG. It's easy! No fees, no club meetings, and no official uniforms or handshakes. Just add your name to the list, and you're good to go. And you DO have a way with words. Really Your humor and bubbly personality shine through in your post, and you have a very natural easy-reading tone.

    And... you have cats! I've gotta love a gal with cats! You kinda remind me of... me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Biaba, oh, I am so happy for you. Throughout the past eight or nine years, you've shared your growing up--the pain of it, the joy, the hopes, the dreams, the disappointments, the possibilities. Now, all of that is coming to fruition. I am so glad for you that you have found in Germany someone to love deeply and some feline animal companions. (You know how I love the cats with whom I've lived since Dulcy first came into my life back in 1972.) Moreover, you are honoring the heart wish you have to use your talents and write.

    I so look forward to whatever you write--more postings on this blog, articles for magazines and newspapers, or a book in which you will tell a story only you can tell. I'll be sending you now and throughout the year and the future all my best thoughts and wishes. Take care. Be gracious to yourself and love the you you've found. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Baiba, I spelled your name incorrectly in my comment. So sorry. Sometimes the fingers don't get the brain message! Peace.

      Delete
  5. I loved hearing about all the changes you've made in your life. You are such an interesting person and you can express that in your writings, so write, just do it. I would love for you to continue with your blog of course. Now I want to learn more about Brian. And why you want to move to America? There are two reasons I love America: its people and its magnificent nature.
    And they do speak English, a language I too really love. All the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Unwanted House Guests

Today is my birthday!  I've never had any problems stating my age. Not sure if that's something women struggle with only at a certai...