Friday, October 4, 2013

What I've been up to...

A whole month has passed. And I survived! And actually a lot has happened! And it's all good stuff. 

First of all - my sister moved back to Germany. She got an amazing offer which she couldn't pass and I'm happy for her. And I'm happy for myself as well, cause I got the car and now I have someone to visit in Germany again :)

And right before she left, we got to go to Tallinn, Estonia again to visit our friend. We had a great time - went to the cinema, ate some Sushi and had fun. And it was a double goodbye party because my friend is moving to Australia for a year.




[I already miss both of them :( ]



[on our way back home]

After we got home, my sister flew to Germany the next day!! And I'm happy for her because she's happy there :)

As for me - University is going great. I have some awesome people around me, we're studying, laughing and partying together. Sometimes we're combining those 3. I've also become good friends with my roommate. And this is a lesson I learned - once you get to really know someone - they might turn out to be great persons. Just like my roommate. And here comes the big news - I got my own room in dorms! A single room just for me. I wanted it in the very beginning. And now I'm actually only partly happy about it, because I liked living with my roommate. But on the other hand, I also like my privacy which I had none of in the double room. But no worries, I'm now living only 2 doors further. So nothing will really change.

            [This is how we studied for a test :D ]




[First poker night]


 
Another thing I did - I applied for a voluntary work. Starting from next week I'll be reading for people with vision impairment. I figured since I have a lot of free time, I might as well do something good :)

I also am thinking about joining the Debate club. But I don't know about that yet. 

So anyways, I'm sorry for not reading your blogs as often as I wish I could. But for the first time in a while - I've been really busy in a good way. 


Take care, everybody :)
-B- 


7 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad things have turned around for you! You have to put yourself out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Baiba, you have surely taken many giant steps forward into living a life filled with possibilities for growth as a human being. Congratulations!!!!!! And Enjoy! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post, so now I just want to say that I am so happy to hear that things are going great for you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sweetie. I hope you are able to continue blogging. Looks like college life agrees with you and I am sure that you are probably too busy right now. After seeing your picture of test study time, I am very curious to find out how you did on the test. When I did that (back in the olden days) I ended up missing the test because I slept through! Drop us a short line to let all of us out here in blogger land know you are ok (yours was one of the first bloggs I checked). kt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see you again!!!

      And actually I did 87% on that test :D

      Delete
  5. baibs! how have you been? :)how was your london trip!?

    ReplyDelete

Unwanted House Guests

Today is my birthday!  I've never had any problems stating my age. Not sure if that's something women struggle with only at a certai...