Thursday, October 20, 2011

How to get rid of sadness...

Isn't it weird, how everything can completely turn around in one day? well, that's what happened with me. Last week was so not good. I felt really bad and I was a real mess. the worst thing is that my friends were trying to comfort me and be nice, but I really don't like being on that side, where everyone feels sorry for me.

But then everything changed in one day . 
First, I stopped thinking about all the stuff that made me sad. I did all I can, and then - yes - the hell with it. There was nothing more I could do.

Second, It just so happened, that one of my friends is having some really rough times now. And she needs me. And I LOVE being on this side, where I can comfort others and be there for them. So I realized there are worse stuff than I had to deal with. 

I wish I had a magic wand and with just one wave I could resolve all the problems , but unfortunately, there is no such thing. But what I can do -is be there for her, no matter what. 
So to take her mind off things, I invited her to go on a road trip with me.

We decided to go to other country to get some pizzas! Not because our pizzas aren't good, but because it's much more fun to eat pizza in other country  ;D This was so exciting, cause I've never driven in other country. I barely drive to other cities ;D 

I live about 30 minute drive away from Lithuania's border and let me tell you - when we crossed it, I started feeling butterflies in my stomach :D it is actually so funny now, cause it's not that big of a deal...but we were super excited then.
The funniest thing happened at the pizzeria. Since neither of us speak Lithuanian, we couldn't figure out in which language we should order our food. So when the waitress came, my friend talked in Russian and I talked in English ;D  it's a good thing that menu had pictures in it, cause I think that waitress had no idea what we were talking about ;D

after that, we decided to try finding some stores. And WE DID! ;D we actually both remembered how to get to them. Last time I was there, I was with my parents, and I thought I'd never paid attention to the road. But I guess I did! ;D
As we left Lithuania, we were both in such good mood and happy and relaxed. It was just what we both needed. 

So, to get rid of sadness, all you need is a really good friend and few crazy ideas! :)

-B- 

6 comments:

  1. Lithuanian pizzas, I bet they taste the same as they do in Yorkshire. It's the idea of going to another country for fast food that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!so glad to read this:) thats right baiba...a good friend is all one needs:)
    and i am just imagining the scene at pizzeria.. and the confused waitress:) lol
    keep smiling:)and take care
    -haritha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! You are such a wise, strong person. I'm so proud to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah good girl! best remedy is to walk away for a day then return with a new attitude. Way to go sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony I know, right? ;D LOL

    Haritha thanks girl :) and yeah, it was pretty funny ;D

    Elisa thanks so much! :) you're so awesome!

    Melynda thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely written, Baiba. Great read. :)

    http://www.iredeem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Unwanted House Guests

Today is my birthday!  I've never had any problems stating my age. Not sure if that's something women struggle with only at a certai...